Please subscribe to our blog to get our latest update ------->>>>>

I still remember the thrill I used to feel, every Saturday morning, while waiting to watch one of Disney’s movies. Standing in front of the television, focusing on the beautiful colorful scenes combined with the adequate music, and feeling extremely involved in the story are things I could never forget.


Years passed by and I always wondered what is the secret behind Disney? Why am I still enjoying the same stories told repeatedly?
Maleficent gave me the answer!

In one of the scenes, “Maleficent (the fairy) was betrayed by the only man she loved and trusted. She wakes up, in the morning, in the middle of the forest feeling different, and weaker. Her face down on the dirt, she is barely able to move, and she feels confused, angry, and devastated. Her lover has stolen her winks to become the king.”  As pure and childish these lines seem, this scene gave me the same impression a rape scene might give.

Photo credits: Movies Fanatic






Maleficent was betrayed, left neglected, and raped. This is the message we, grownups, get. However, this is not what children grasp from this scene. Disney was smart enough to give each of its spectators the story he wanted to hear.
Let me give you more examples.


Cinderella
“Cinderella was so happy dancing with the prince that she almost forgot what the fairy godmother had said. At the last moment, Cinderella remembered her fairy godmother’s words and she rushed to go home. “Oh! I must go!” she cried and ran out of the palace. One of her glass slippers came off but Cinderella did not turn back for it.”


Do you remember this? Let me surprise you a bit more. One of the most famous interpretation of Cinderella’s missing shoes takes it as a symbol of the missing virginity!

Frozen:
Many rumors circulated about Frozen’s Queen Elsa being a gay girl.
“Elsa shows no romantic longings like her sister Anna, is born different, and told to "conceal it, do not feel it" which results in her rejecting being "the good girl you always have to be" during the Oscar-winning song Let It Go.”



Disney addresses in all of its movies both children and grownups by adding some embedded hints and messages that only an adult mind can grasp.
So to all those of think that Disney’s movies are for kids, I guess you have to consider watching one of them… Believe me, Disney never failed to surprise me.
Rihab